Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I am now a professional cake maker, HA HA HA!!

I am totally embarassed to post this but I just had too. This is supposed to be a castle. In the book that I got it from, it REALLY looked like one. My mom and I began making this at four o clock in the afternoon and finished at midnight. WHY????? Well, because when I finished, it was leaning bad!! So we cut off some pieces and rearranged to make it look better but it didn't. Everyone that looked at it laughed except my awesome dad who somehow managed to say it look great without even a grin on his face. Love ya dad! We made at least three batches of icing. I am stating right now : I WILL NEVER ATTEMPT TO MAKE MY CHILD A CAKE THAT IS NOT FLAT AGAIN. NEVER!!!!! IF IT IS A ONE LAYER CAKE WITH ONE LAYER OF ICING, IT WILL COME FROM A STORE! SORRY GIRLS! Oh well, it is a picture to laugh at I guess. Thanks mom for standing for eight hours straight to make this cake that looks more like a church than a castle, even though you were sick.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

I for one am impressed. Did you by chance see the cake I made Kennady??? Enough said, LOL.

Kara said...

Erin, seriously think it looks pretty good. tanna just walked up and said look mom its a castle cake, so i asked her if she thought it was pretty and she said ya when do i get one. so you better keep practicing -looks like you've gotta make another on in april.