Friday, June 5, 2009

A trip to Primary Children's Hospital

So I have gotten a few texts and phone calls about Taylor and wanted to explain what happened on Thursday....... So Taylor woke up at about two thursday morning crying. Pretty typical for Taylor when she is teething or sick or something so I just assumed it was her teeth and gave her some medicine and layed her back down. She kept crying and crying so I layed her by us and let her cry. She fell asleep the rest of the night. I woke up in the morning and got up. Taylor was by me and tried to get up and immediately started screaming again and layed back down. I picked her up and stood her up. She grabbed her neck and started screaming owwwweeeeee!!So I just carried her upstairs and this went on for an hour or so. She wouldn't pick up her head or walk or anything so I started worrying about meningitis. I took her to the emergency room and they looked her over. The dr. sent her in for some x-ray's and sent them to provo to have the looked at. The radiologist in provo said there looked to be an absess or some kind of thickening between her vertebrae and trachea. He said they were waiting to hear from Primary Children's Hospital. I was freaking out by this point. What is a thickening I thought?! A few minutes later the dr. came and said that an ambulance was on the way and that they would be transporting her up to Primary Childrens. He said that they were concerned about it and it wasn't normal and that this thickening could be compromising her airway so she needed to be in the ambulance. So in about 5 minutes me and Taylor were in an ambulance on our way. It was the longest trip of my life!! Her oxygen levels kept dropping low when she would cry so trying to hold her still so her neck wouldnt move was ridiculous. When we got there I was so glad to see Jon. His friend was there and they gave taylor a blessing which was nice. Thanks Chris!! We had to wait for a good two hours before the dr. actually came in. Taylor was so hungry and so uncomfortable. She hadn't eaten a thing that day and was crying saying "ba ba, juice, juice". They said she couldn't have anything because she might need surgery. It broke my heart. I was going crazy just wanting some answers on what was wrong and going to happen with her. Several doctors finally came and looked at her and had blood tests done. They were fine. They sent her in for a CT scan and sedated her with valium. After about 10 minutes she was completely loopy, BUT she was actually sitting up, moving her head and all that. This was so different because she couldnt lift her head all day and was in so much pain. The CT scans came back ok. They said that if she was crying a lot when she got her original x'rays it could have made it look like there was something there that wasn't or make something look a little blurry. They basically came to the conclusion that she was having neck spasms. So after an extremely exhausting and emotional day, we got in the car and came home with Taylor happy as can be. I couldn't understand how I could go up with every bad possibility going through my head and them sayin she would be probably having surgery that day to nothing being wrong. I am just thankful she is fine and felt lucky to have drs who, even though things were ok, made sure things were safe. Thanks to everyone who called and expressed concern for us. We are so happy all is well and my Taylor is ok. So that is the story of by far the most crazy day of my life...........so far!!!

12 comments:

Jenny Kay said...

oh my gosh! I would have FREAKED out! Its amazing what a blessing can do! Im glad she is okay!

Mom Marx said...

We had heard that it was serious and put her name in the temple. We are grateful to read that she is okay.

Susanna said...

That's awful Erin! I'm so glad that she's OK!!

The Knudsen Family said...

That does sound like a crazy day. I am glad that she is ok and feeling better.

Meladie said...

I still can't believe you guys had to go through all that! I'm so glad she's alright.

Brittney said...

What a crazy day! I was so glad to hear she was ok!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Erin,
You don't know how many times I tried to come talk to you during church, only to get stopped by other people. So anyway, hi and I wish we could have talked. I'm glad your baby is okay. That had to be the scarriest thing ever.

The Lovells said...

That is a crazy story! I think we all get those good old experience when comes to having kids. I am glad it all worked out.

Lance said...

Hey There Sis - You need to UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!! Love Ya
Kara

Meladie said...

OK erin...really, are you ever going to blog again??? haha...just kiddin. Love ya.

Tanya said...

Wow, what a nightmare. I'm so glad everything turned out okay!! (and I'm glad I finally got to your blog, this time I'm bookmarking it)

Unknown said...

Quality services in accounting, taxation, finance and management for Individuals, self employed people, small and medium size Canadian and Quebec companies

Wardcom Accounting